October 20, 2011

Aye, Captain!

As it's getting colder outside, I feel like going for some of the darker colors I have in my collection so today I'll be reviewing Catrice's Ultimate Nail Lacquer, no. 620, 'Captain Sparrow's Boat'. As the name kind of implies already, this color is definitely inspired by Chanel's Black Pearl from this year's Spring collection. I don't have the Chanel nail polish, but I'm including a picture below so you can see the similarities :)

20111019-001  
Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer, no 620, Captain Sparrow's Boat
Finish: Metallic
Color: Grey with a green undertone
Price: €2,49
Content: 0.33 fl.oz/10ml

Fall 2011 Collection

20111019-002
Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer, no 620, Captain Sparrow's Boat, in sunlight, two coats
What I like about this color is that it's a different kind of gray. It's not a plain gray, as the green undertone makes it look different in sunlight and shadow (see picture below). It even looks kinda blue-ish in artificial light. Captain Sparrow's Boat needs at least two layers to get an even look, but application is rather easy. As mentioned before I don't own the Chanel Black Pearl nail polish, but I definitely think Catrice is a good and, more imporantly, cheap alternative for it.

20111019-003
Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer, no 620, Captain Sparrow's Boat, in direct sunlight, two coats

Rating:
Overall: 7
Color: 7
Application: 7
Coverage: 7
Lasts: 4-5 days

Happy Friday Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment