September 30, 2011

Frosted Spices?

Testing today: 
* Essence Multi Dimension XXXL Shine, no. 39 "Spicy"
* Catrice Frosting Top Coat


Essence Multi Dimension XXXL Shine, no. 39 "Spicy"
Finish: Creme, shiny
Color: Middle/Dark brown
Price: I think it was something between €1,79 and €2,29 but I can't remember, sorry.
Content: 0.27 fl.oz/8ml

Essence Multi Dimension, no. 39 "Spicy", Catrice Frosting top coat - in direct sunlight
I used a standard base coat before applying two layers of the Essence nail polish. Two layers are definitely a must if you want an even looking color. The application brush could be a little better but isn't too bad in general. Another thing to be taken into account is the fact that the color looks to be a tad darker when applied than it does in the bottle. Whether the spicy name is fitting I'm not sure, but all in all it's a nice, albeit generic brown that'll match many wintery outfits.

Rating:
Overall: 6,5
Color: 6
Application: 7
Lasts: 4-5 days


Catrice Frosting Top Coat
Finish: Top coat, matt shimmer finish, soft touch
Color: Blue shimmer (with a little bit of green and purple in direct sunlight)
Price: €2,49
Content: 0.33 fl.oz/10ml

Essence Multi Dimension, no. 39 "Spicy", Catrice Frosting top coat - in indirect sunlight
This is my first time ever working with this top coat so I wasn't sure whether I'd be using this in combination with the wrong color. I think I did. I will try this product again later, but on a lighter shade. For know though, I can tell you that the application is very easy, it dries super fast and they aren't lying by stating that this top coat has a very soft touch finish.


Rating:
Overall: 8
Color: 8
Application: 8
Lasts: I don't know yet, but I'll let you know the next time I try this.

'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment